Our Services & Process
How do I use Shoe Drop?
Step 1: Download the App
- Download the Shoe Drop app on iOS or Android and set up an account, including your payment information.
- To place an order, open the app and select “Start a New Drop”. You’ll be asked to pick the location nearest you on the map.
Step 2: Select Services
- Select the services you need in the app. Provide any special instructions in the comments section.
- Add additional items to your order or select "Check Out" in the app.
- If you are not yet at your selected Drop Spot, select “Finalize Later” to save your order until you are ready to drop off.
Step 3: Drop Off Your Order
- If you don't already have a Shoe Drop tote bag, you can request one at the Drop Spot, make sure to fill out the ID Card that comes with the tote and add it with your order.
- When you arrive at the Drop Spot, open the app and hit “Complete your drop” under the “Drop Status” page, then hit "Complete Your Order."
- Hand your order to the attendant (e.g., doorman, dry cleaner, concierge, etc.)
- Confirm that your order has been dropped by hitting “YES” on the pop-up screen.
Step 4: Pick Up Your Order
- We will pick up your order and complete the services requested.
- Once the repairs are completed, we will charge your card and return your order to the same location where you dropped them off.
- Orders are typically returned in 2 to 5 days. You’ll receive a text message when your order is ready to be picked up.
What types of services do you offer?
Not sure what sole guards or taps are? Our cobblers have got you covered. Here is a list of our services, along with detailed descriptions and pricing.
My shoes and bag are in rough shape. Can you really fix them?
You’d be surprised what we can do. Head on over to our craftsmanship page to see some of the shoes we’ve brought back to life.
What if I select the wrong service?
That’s ok, if you think you made a mistake just email us at email@example.com and provide your Order # in the message. Also, upon receiving your shoes or bags, our cobblers look them over before beginning work. If they think what you need is different from what you selected, we will reach out with our recommended services and pricing. Tell us which option you’d like and we will begin working. If the services you need are more expensive than what you’d hoped to pay, let us know and we will return your shoes free of charge.
How long until my order is finished?
We aim to return your order in 2-5 days. Depending on your drop off time, we will pick up your order the same or next day. For shines and minor repairs we aim to return your items in 2 days. Some custom or more comprehensive repairs may take longer than 5 days, in which case we will provide a timing estimate before we start working on your order.
* Tip: A quick response time to our texts, calls, or emails will help expedite the process!
How will I know the status of my order?
We will keep you posted with text notifications when your order has been placed, when it’s in process, and when it’s ready to be picked up. We may reach out to you if there are questions with your order along the way, but otherwise your shoes are in the best of hands, we promise.
Can I use a drop spot even if it’s marked as private?
Drop spots listed as private are for residents or employees of that drop spot only. If you can not find a public drop spot nearby, you can take your shoes to any Chicago area Nordstrom to access our services. Here is a list of our public drop spots:
- Orleans Cleaners - 636 N Orleans St. #1, Chicago, IL
- Broadway Cleaners - 3439 N Broadway Street, Chicago, IL
- Randolph Cleaners - 100 W Randolph Street #209, Chicago, IL
- Nelly’s Dry Cleaners - 1341 N Ashland Avenue, Chicago, IL
- Old Town Valet Cleaners - 1748 N Wells Street, Chicago, IL
- O K Cleaners & Tailor - 703 S Dearborn St, Chicago, IL
- Marina Cleaners - 300 N State Street #2, Chicago, IL
- Imperial Cleaners II - 341 W Armitage Ave, Chicago, IL
- Hollywood Cleaners - 1438 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL
- Nordstrom Michigan Ave - 55 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL
- Billy Reid - 845 W Randolph St, Chicago, IL
- L.K. Bennett - 900 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL
- Trunk Club Chicago - 325 W Ohio St, Chicago, IL
- 680 N Lake Shore Drive - 680 N Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL
- Nordstrom Old Orchard - 4937 Old Orchard Shop Center East Ring Rd, Skokie, IL
- Nordstrom Oakbrook - Oakbrook Center, 10 Oakbrook Center, Oakbrook, IL
- Nordstrom Woodfield - 6 Woodfield Shopping Center, Schaumburg, IL
- Ike Behar - 67 E Oak St, Chicago, IL
What about drop spots marked as Pressbox, how does that partnership work?
All shoes or handbags that you leave in a Pressbox locker come to us. Just use Pressbox as you would for your dry cleaning and we will contact you with recommended services and the associated price. Pressbox will alert you when your order is ready to be picked back up and you will be charged by Pressbox. Not a Pressbox member? Sign up here.
Pricing & Promo Codes
What are your prices?
Here is a price list for our most common services. For custom repairs, we will quote you a price before we begin working on your order.
How can I apply a Shoe Drop promo code to my Pressbox shoe order?
Shoe Drop-specific promo codes cannot be used with Pressbox. However, Pressbox will periodically partner with Shoe Drop to offer a promotion exclusively for Pressbox customers.
Can I apply a promo code to an open order?
Once your order has been placed we cannot apply a promo code.